Thursday 22 June 1961
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Moody River by Pat Boone.
In UK Surrender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Rocco and His Brothers, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1961 ?
- Stephen Batchelor: English field hockey player and coach.
- Arabella Pollen: English fashion designer journalist and author.
- Jimmy Somerville: Scottish singer, the former lead of "Bronski Beat" and "Communards.
- Bobby Gillespie: Rocker (Primal Scream).
- Jeff Ward: Scottish race car driver on the NASCAR circuit.
- Moise Tshombe is released for lack of evidence of connection to the murder of Patrice Lumumba.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Little Caesar and the Romans - Those Oldies But Goodies (Remind Me Of You)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?