Monday 22 March 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1954 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Ross Browner: American football player, a defensive end and interior lineman with the Cincinnati Bengals and Green Bay Packers.
- Francis Szpiner: French lawyer, who defended several personalities involved in political and financial scandals of the 1990s.
- Tommy Hollis: American actor (d. 2001).
- 1st shopping mall opened in Southfield, Michigan
- First shopping mall opened in Southfield, Michigan, USA.
- Closed since 1939, the London bullion market reopens.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?