Sunday 11 October 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
Pillow Talk, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1959 ?
- Wayne Gardner: Australian motorcycle racer.
- Allan Little: Scottish journalist and author.
- Michael Costin: American homicide victim, beaten to death by Thomas Junta over a dispute at the kid's hockey game on 7/05/2000.
- Bob Inglis: (Rep-R-South Carolina).
- Michiel Schapers: Netherlands -- Tennis star.
- Bert Bell: NFL hall of famer, dies at 64.
- KTHI TV channel 11 in Fargo-Grand Forks, ND (NBC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?