Monday 26 March 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include G T Pryce and Alan Arkin in New York City.
Death Takes a Holiday, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1934 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- G T Pryce: CEO (Dalgety).
- Alan Arkin in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Catch 22, In-Laws, Simon, Wait Until Dark).
- Gino Cappelletti ORFU: AFL running back (AFL Player of Year 1964).
- Alan Arkin: American actor-director-writer, one of only five actors to receive an Academy Award nomination for his first screen appearance, which was in "The Russians are Coming! The Russians are Coming!" 1967: He received the 1967 Golden Globe award for his work.
- Grete Gulbransson: Writer, dies at 51.
- Driving test introduced in the United Kingdom.
- The driving test is introduced in the United Kingdom.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?