Sunday 11 March 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Jimmy the Gent, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1934 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Ingrid Lotz: German discus thrower.
- Paul Trevillion: English illustrator.
- Sam Donaldson: American TV newscaster, reporter and anchor, a regular on ABC Weekend News from 1979, and on Prime Time Live for ABC from 1989.
- John Burgess: Scottish bagpipe player who was known as "The King of the Highland Pipes.
- Sam Donaldson in El Paso: Texas, USA; ABC White House correspondent (Prime Time).
- Roger Coggio: French actor, film director and screenwriter. He appeared in 40 films between 1954 and 1998. He was married to actress Pascale Audret. He died on 22 October 2001.
- George Stamatoyannopoulos: Greece -- Medical genetics researcher
- Joep Straesser: Composer (Blossom songs, Ramasasiri)
- Keith Speed: British MP
- Netherlands beats Belgium 9-3, in soccer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 March 1934 and get them!