Friday 31 December 1965, NewYear’s Eve
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Sounds Of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1965 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Michelle Dobek in Holyoke: Massachusetts, USA; golfer (1995 GHP Heartland Classic-45th).
- Nicholas Sparks: American author.
- Tony Dorigo: Australian-English footballer and sportscaster.
- Julie Doucet: Canadian underground cartoonist.
- Gong Li: Chinese actress.
- Jeff Williams: American sprinter
- Jean-Bedel Bokassa, leader of the Central African Republic army, and his military officers begins a coup d'etat against the government of President David Dacko.
- Bokassa takes power in the Central Africa Republic.
- Tokyo officially becomes the largest city of the world, taking the lead from New York City.
- The Council for National Academic Awards is established in the UK.
- TAT-4 cable goes into operation.
- Aborigines are given the vote in Queensland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The McCoys - Fever
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- Roger Miller - England Swings
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?