Saturday 11 December 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laurie Carr and Jay Bell at Eglin Air Force Base.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Battle of the Bulge, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Power Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1965 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Laurie Carr: Dallas, Texas -- Playmate (Dec, 1986).
- Jay Bell at Eglin Air Force Base: Florida, USA; infielder (Pittsburgh Pirates).
- Jay Bell: Eglin AFB, Florida -- Infielder (Pittsburgh Pirates).
- Gavin Hill: New Zealand rugby player.
- Giannis Ragousis: Greek economist and politician Greek Minister for National Defence.
- Anya closes at Ziegfeld Theater NYC after 16 performances
- Yearling closes at Alvin Theater NYC after 3 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- Dean Martin - I Will
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?