Friday 24 December 1965, Christmas Eve
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Erika von Heiland in Angeles City and Winston Moss.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Over And Over by The Dave Clark Five.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Power Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1965 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Erika von Heiland in Angeles City: Philippines; US badminton player (Olympics-1992,1996).
- Winston Moss: NFL linebacker (Seattle Seahawks).
- Nancy Reno in Elmhurst: Illinois, USA; WPVA volleyball player (Olympics-1996).
- Michael Haynes NFL wide receiver (New Orleans Saints: Atlanta Falcons).
- Emma Marcegaglia: Italian businesswoman and first woman elected President of Confindustria March 13, 2008.
- Rebecca Crews: TV Producer
- Millard Powers: American bass player songwriter and producer (Counting Crows The Semantics and Majosha)
- William M Branham: Christian minister (Born 1906).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
- The McCoys - Fever
- Roger Miller - England Swings
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?