Wednesday 15 December 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor Zhivago, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1965 ?
- Walter Reeves: NFL tight end (Cleveland Browns).
- Kimberly Donley: Aurora, Illinois -- Playmate (Mar, 1993).
- 3rd cyclone of year kills another 15,000 at mouths of Ganges River
- Bangladesh windstorm kills 10,000
- Gemini 6 launched; will make first rendezvous in space (with Gemini 7).
- William Eckert replaces Ford Frick as fourth commissioner of baseball.
- Queen Juliana opens Zeeland Bridge to Oosterschelde.
- Gemini program: Gemini 6A, crewed by Wally Schirra and Thomas Stafford, is launched from Cape Kennedy, Florida. Four orbits later, it achieves the first space rendezvous, with Gemini 7.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
- Roger Miller - England Swings
- The McCoys - Fever
- Dean Martin - I Will
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?