Tuesday 27 March 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
The Intouchables, directed by Olivier Nakache, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 27 March 2012 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 March
- A landmine explosion in Maharashtra, India, allegedly by Maoist insurgents, kills 15 policemen and injures 13 others. (''Toronto Star'')
- Two smugglers, allegedly including an Israeli-Arab, are killed in an exchange of fire with Israel Defense Forces troops and Egyptian Border Guards. (''Haaretz'')
- Several people are arrested in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, as alleged suicide bombings are foiled. (BBC)
- 2011–2012 Libyan factional fighting:
- At least 50 people are killed in two days of tribal clashes in southern Libya. (AP)
- The National Transitional Council admits that it faces a national crisis amid an escalation of violence and militia rule. (''The Scotsman'')
- Apple Inc Chief Executive Tim Cook arrives in China for talks with government officials to clear up problems in the firm's biggest growth market, including the contested iPad trademark and treatment of local labor. (Reuters)
- The United States Department of Justice says that it will not invoke antitrust laws to stop the merger of Humana with Arcadian Management Services, two important health insurance companies. (Reuters)
- The President of Sudan Omar Hassan al-Bashir cancels planned meetings with the government of South Sudan following border clashes yesterday. (Reuters)
- World leaders meet at a summit in Seoul, South Korea, to discuss nuclear security. (Reuters)
- Al-Jazeera announces that it has decided not to broadcast video footage of the 2012 Midi-Pyrénées shootings that had been filmed by the gunman with a camera strapped to his body. (''The Irish Times'')
- The funeral of former King of Tonga George Tupou V is held in Nuku'alofa with thousands of mourners lining the street. (BBC)
- Allegations surface over Bo Xilai's extrajudicial measures used to extract confessions during the Chongqing gang trials. (''The New York Times'')
- In baseball, a consortium led by American basketball star Magic Johnson wins an auction process for ownership of the Los Angeles Dodgers. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- In rugby league, three-time World Club Champions Bradford Bulls announce that they needed to raise £1 million to stay in business. (''BBC News'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?