Saturday 24 March 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
Headhunters, directed by Morten Tyldum, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Banking Bad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aikatsu! or Armored Core V.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 24 March 2012 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 March
- 15 Kurdish militants, all women, are killed by Turkish security forces in south-eastern Bitlis Province. The women were members of the PKK. (BBC)
- 30 people are killed across Syria as Syrian Army tanks storm the town of Saraqeb and are met by resistance from Syrian Army defectors. (Ynet News)
- The African Union deploys a 5,000-strong force in the hope of catching or killing warlord Joseph Kony. (BBC)
- Six children and two adults are killed in a house fire in Charleston, West Virginia, United States. (''USA Today'')
- A small piece of Kosmos 2251 satellite debris from the 2009 satellite collision safely passes by the International Space Station, allowing the six Expedition 30 crew members onboard the orbiting complex to exit their Soyuz spacecraft and resume normal activities. (NASA Television)
- Following the 2012 Mali coup d'état, Canada and Denmark suspends aid to Mali. (CPH Post)
- At least one person is killed and 18 injured after clashes in Port Said between Egyptian security forces after the Al-Masry Club is banned for two seasons from the Egyptian Premier League following the Port Said Stadium disaster. (Al Jazeera)
- China announces phase-out practice of taking and selling organs from executed prisoners. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Voters in the Australian state of Queensland go to the polls for a state election, with the Liberal National Party led by Campbell Newman winning government in a landslide. (''Brisbane Times'')
- Voters in the US state of Louisiana go to the polls for the Louisiana Republican primary with Rick Santorum winning. (BBC)
- ''The Sunday Times'' releases a video showing British Conservative Party co-treasurer Peter Cruddas allegedly offering undercover reporters access to UK Prime Minister David Cameron for £250,000. (Sky News)
- Former United States Vice President Dick Cheney receives a heart transplant from an unknown donor. (CBC)
- Thomas Mulcair wins the election to replace Jack Layton as leader of Canada's New Democratic Party. He becomes the Leader of the Official Opposition. (CBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?