Thursday 15 March 2012
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
21 Jump Street, directed by Phil Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 15 March 2012 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 March
- Ethiopian forces launch attacks on three militant camps inside Eritrea. (BBC)
- 2011-2012 Syrian uprising:
- Turkish intelligence reports claim that approximately 20,000 Syrian soldiers have deserted from the government forces in less than a month. (Bloomberg)
- Turkey threatens to launch a military incursion into northern Syria to protect fleeing refugees. (''The Telegraph'')
- The United Nations will send experts on a government-led humanitarian mission. (Al Jazeera)
- Thousands of Syrians take part in a pro-government rally in the capital Damascus. (''The New York Times'')
- Two French soldiers are killed and one injured in a drive-by shooting in southern France. (CBC)
- 2012 insurgency in northern Mali: 195,000 people flee their homes amid violence in northern Mali between government troops and Tuareg rebels. (IOL)
- The death toll from the sinking of a ferry in Bangladesh on Tuesday rises to 116 with more people missing. (AP via Yahoo News)
- Five Norwegian soldiers are presumed dead in an aircraft accident in northern Sweden. (''The Local'')
- One New Zealand tourist is dead and another missing after a family of six is swept away in a flash flood of the Vaisigano River in the Samoan capital Apia. (''New Zealand Herald'')
- Government documents reveal then-Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Margaret Thatcher was told a senior Merseyside police officer blamed ampquotdrunken Liverpool fansampquot for causing the Hillsborough disaster. Police have since been found to blame. (BBC)
- A Ugandan LGBT rights group files a lawsuit against U.S. minister Scott Lively in connection with his alleged involvement in a campaign to persecute gay people in Uganda. (BBC)
- A free trade agreement between the United States and South Korea comes into effect. (Yonhap)
- The Government of Papua New Guinea reacts angrily after the new Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs Bob Carr threatens the imposition of sanctions if elections are delayed. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Morocco is to amend a law allowing rapists to marry their victims. (Reuters)
- Former Governor of Illinois Rod Blagojevich arrives at a US federal prison in Colorado to begin a 14 year sentence on corruption charges. (Reuters)
- The Prime Minister of New Zealand John Key announces a cut of 2000 positions in the public service. (TV New Zealand)
- Bo Xilai is replaced as the Communist Party boss in the city of Chongqing by 3rd Vice Premier Zhang Dejiang as a result of an ideological dispute. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao says the Dalai Lama is responsible for ongoing self-immolations by Tibetan monks. (''Times of India'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 March 2012 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?