Friday 30 March 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kyson Roque and Kaden Roque.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
American Reunion, directed by Jon Hurwitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Max's Midnight Movies.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beach Buggy Blitz or Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 30 March 2012 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
Famous Birthdays:30 March
- A United States drone attack kills two alleged militants in the Pakistani town of Miran Shah in North Waziristan. (AP via Google News)
- Gunmen kill Zain-ul-Abdeen, a leader of the ethnic Pashtun Awami National Party, in Karachi. (IRNA)
- A 20-year-old Palestinian is killed and 13 others are wounded by IDF gunfire as they try to breach the Gaza border fence in order to infiltrate into Israel near the Erez crossing. (Ynet)
- Thousands of Lebanese and Palestinians protesters protest peacefully in the Crusader-built Beaufort Castle in Southern Lebanon. (Ynet)
- Syria: At least 45 people are killed. (Naharnet)
- Amnesty International urges the release of imprisoned Bahraini human rights activist Abdulhadi al-Khawaja ampquotimmediately and unconditionallyampquot. (BBC)
- Australian artist Tim Storrier wins the 2012 Archibald Prize for a self-portait ''The historic wayfarer (after Bosch)''. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- The Spanish government cuts 27 billion euros from the country's budget as part of one of the toughest austerity drives in its history. (Al Jazeera)
- VISA and MasterCard warn banks across the United States about a ampquotmassiveampquot breach of security with more than ten million credit card numbers potentially compromised. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The Mega Millions jackpot in the United States is up to $640 million, becoming the world's largest lottery jackpot. (CBS News)
- Huanglongbing or citrus greening, a disease which has killed millions of citrus trees in Brazil and Florida, is discovered in a residential section of Los Angeles County, California, in the United States. (''Washington Post'')
- Malaysia expels 173 Indonesian workers for various legal violations. (''Jakarta Post'')
- London's Metropolitan Police is embroiled in a racism scandal after a black man used his mobile phone to record police officers subjecting him to a tirade of abuse in which he was told: ampquotThe problem with you is you will always be a niggerampquot. (''The Guardian'')
- Indian police introduce a curfew in the city of Sangareddi in Andhra Pradesh due to an outbreak of communal violence. (''Times of India'')
- French police arrest 19 suspected Islamists in dawn raids. (Al Jazeera)
- Leonid Shebarshin, the former head of the KGB's foreign intelligence branch, apparently shoots himself dead. (BBC)
- Nine top officials are jailed for their role in the near-bankruptcy of one of Vietnam's largest state-owned companies. (BBC)
- Ousted Chongqing party chief Bo Xilai is reportedly confined to his house in Beijing as he undergoes investigations from Chinese authorities. (''The New York Times'')
- Naoki Tanaka, Japan's Minister of Defense, issues orders to shoot down a North Korean rocket if it falls towards Japanese territory. (Al Jazeera)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?