Saturday 31 March 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
American Reunion, directed by Jon Hurwitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sea Rescue.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Code of Princess or Diabolik Lovers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 31 March 2012 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 March
- 2012 insurgency in northern Mali: Tuareg rebels attack the northern Malian town of Gao, a day after taking the provincial capital Kidal. (Al Jazeera)
- Peter O'Neill, the Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea, orders troops to the resource rich Hela Province following ongoing disruption by illegal miners. (AAP via NineMSN)
- At least eight people are killed after three explosions in Thailand's Yala Province. (BBC)
- Around 30 people are killed in clashes between the army and suspected Al-Qaeda militants in southern Yemen. (''The Himalayan Times'')
- The spire of the Shard London Bridge is put in place making the completion of the United Kingdom's and European Union's tallest building a step closer. (BBC)
- The United States' two acting unions, the Screen Actors Guild and American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, agree to merge forming the SAG-AFTRA. (AP via Google)
- In the Republic of Ireland government figures indicate less than half of the country's households have paid the household charge by today's deadline as thousands of people march on the governing Fine Gael party's annual conference at the Convention Centre Dublin. (BBC)
- Turkey reduces its purchases of Iranian oil by 20%. (''Financial Times'')
- Floods in Fiji cause at least two deaths and the evacuation of thousands of residents. (AAP via News Limited)
- Chinese police arrest six people and shut down 16 websites for allegedly spreading rumours that military vehicles were on the streets of Beijing. (BBC)
- The Indonesian People's Representative Council vetoes plans to increase the price of fuel by thirty per cent this weekend. (AP via Google News)
- Former broadcast journalist Mike Nesbitt is elected leader of Northern Ireland's Ulster Unionist Party. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?