Saturday 29 January 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Moore in Wardell and Hans Plomp.
Captain America, directed by Elmer Clifton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching At Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1944 ?
- Barbara Moore in Wardell: Missouri, USA; actress (Lisa Rogers - Man From UNCLE).
- Hans Plomp: Dutch writer / poet (Venus in Holland).
- Yoweri Museveni: President of Uganda.
- Andrew Loog Oldham: English rock and roll producer.
- Patrick Lipton Robinson: Jamaican judge.
- Andrew Oldham: English record producer and manager
- Patrick Robinson: Jamaican lawyer and judge
- Pauline van der Wildt: Dutch swimmer
- William Allen White: US journalist (Emporia Gazette), dies at age 75.
- 285 German bombers attack London, England.
- World War II: Approximately 38 men, women, and children die in the Koniuchy massacre in Poland.
- In Bologna, Italy, the Anatomical Theatre of the Archiginnasio is destroyed in an air-raid.
- WWII: The Battle of Cisterna takes place.
- WWII: HMS Spartan (95)is sunk by a Henschel Hs 293 from a German aircraft off Anzio, western Italy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- No Love, No Nothin' - Ella Mae Morse
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?