Monday 29 March 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Terror Island, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1920 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Pierre Moinot: France Writer.
- John Belk: American businessman and politician (d. 2007).
- Clarke Fraser: American-Canadian geneticist and academic (d. 2014).
- Theodore Trautwein: American lawyer and judge (d. 2000).
- Alene Duerk: American military, the first female to achieve flag rank in the USN, named Rear Admiral in 1972 representing all Navy women.
- Simone Rozes: French lawyer, a judge by 1962, serving on the European Court of Justice 1981-1984. Rozes was the First President of the High Court 1984-1988.
- Emmanuel Tremblay: Tourly physician
- Sir William Robertson, who enlisted in 1877, becomes a field marshal in the British Army, the first man to rise to this rank from private.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When the Moon Shines on the Moonshine - Bert Williams
- I Might Be Your Once-in-a-While - Olive Kline
- Dardanella - Prince's Dance Orchestra
- When It Comes To Lovin' the Girls, I'm Way Ahead of The Times - Eddie Cantor
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?