Friday 30 January 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anno 1404 or Cities XL.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 30 January 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 January
- The regional Court in Kurgan Oblast, Russia convicts the three prisoners, all born in 1990, of aggravated murder for strangling their cellmate, who had asked them to end his life in this fashion. (Interfax)
- Six people are killed when a Piper PA-34 Seneca crashes near Huntington, West Virginia, United States. (AP via Fox News)
- The U.S. State Department will not renew security contractor Blackwater Worldwide's license when it expires in May 2009. (CNN)
- Michael S. Steele becomes the U.S. Republican National Committee's first African-American chairman. (CNN)
- Somalia's Transitional Federal Government collapses after Al-Shabaab captures Baidoa. (NPR)
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon announces an investigation into Israel's attack on the U.N.'s Gaza Strip headquarters. (Al Jazeera)
- A heat wave affects southeastern Australia, with both Adelaide and Melbourne experiencing temperatures above . (Australian BOM)
- More than one thousand workers strike at four different United Kingdom oil refineries. (Sky News)
- Thirteen people are killed and 47 people are missing after a Nakumatt supermarket burns in Nairobi, Kenya. (CNN)
- Norway announces it will raise the German submarine ''U-864'' from the North Sea. (Norway Post)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?