Saturday 3 January 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 3 January 2009 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 January
- Jett Travolta, 16-year-old son of American actor John Travolta, dies suddenly of a seizure while on a family holiday in the Bahamas.
- National Democratic Congress candidate John Atta Mills wins Ghana's 2008 presidential election after narrowly defeating Nana Akufo-Addo of the incumbent New Patriotic Party in a run-off. (BBC News)
- An Israeli airstrike on the mosque in the Gaza Strip village of Beit Lahia kills at least 13 people. (CNN)
- The 2009 Dakar Rally begins in Buenos Aires, Argentina. (Motorsport)
- Governor of American Samoa Togiola Tulafono is sworn into office for a second term. (Samoa News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 January 2009 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?