Friday 30 July 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ken Olin in Chicago and Terry Richard.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1954 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Ken Olin in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Hill Street Blues, Michael - Thirty Something).
- Terry Richard: American model and aspiring actress, pretty and fresh-looking.
- Ken Olin: American actor director and producer.
- Bob Kennedy hits the 1st grand slam for the new Baltimore Orioles
- Elvis Presley joins Memphis Federation of Musicians, Local 71
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?