Friday 30 July 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1954 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Ken Olin in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Hill Street Blues, Michael - Thirty Something).
- Terry Richard: American model and aspiring actress, pretty and fresh-looking.
- Ken Olin: American actor director and producer.
- Bob Kennedy hits the 1st grand slam for the new Baltimore Orioles
- Elvis Presley joins Memphis Federation of Musicians, Local 71
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?