Wednesday 14 July 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jos Zoomer .
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Earrings of Madame de..., directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1954 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Jos Zoomer: Amsterdam, Holland -- Rock drummer (Vandenberg).
- 118 degrees F (48 degrees C), Warsaw and Union, Missouri (state record).
- 117 degrees F (47 degrees C), East St. Louis, Illinois (state record).
- The US Treasury Department declares all US gold coins made prior to April 5, 1933 are legal to own.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 July 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?