Tuesday 13 July 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Earrings of Madame de..., directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1954 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Sezen Aksu: Turkish singer-songwriter and producer.
- Rick Chartraw: Venezuelan-American ice hockey player.
- Louise Mandrell: American musician, the fiddle and bass playing member of the Mandrell sisters.
- Elaine Donahue: American homicide victim, beaten to death as she slept at home in Stoneham, MA, 9/18/1997, in the early morning hours.
- David Thompson NBA guard (Phoenix Suns: Seattle Supersonics).
- Louise Mandrell in Corpus Christi: Texas, USA; country singer (Mandrell Sisters).
- David Thompson: American athlete, pro basketball player who played for Denver from 1975-1982. He played for Seattle for the next two seasons, for a total of eight seasons. In his career he won many awards including Rookie of the Year in 1975 and Most Valuable Player in the 1976 All Star Game.
- 21st All Star Baseball Game: AL wins 11-9 at Municipal Stadium, Cleveland
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?