Tuesday 13 July 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Thompson NBA guard (Phoenix Suns and Louise Mandrell in Corpus Christi.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Earrings of Madame de..., directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Whistler.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1954 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- David Thompson NBA guard (Phoenix Suns: Seattle Supersonics).
- Louise Mandrell in Corpus Christi: Texas, USA; country singer (Mandrell Sisters).
- Elaine Donahue: American homicide victim, beaten to death as she slept at home in Stoneham, MA, 9/18/1997, in the early morning hours.
- Louise Mandrell: American musician, the fiddle and bass playing member of the Mandrell sisters.
- David Thompson: American athlete, pro basketball player who played for Denver from 1975-1982.
- Sezen Aksu: Turkish singer-songwriter and producer
- Rick Chartraw: Venezuelan-American ice hockey player
- 21st All Star Baseball Game: AL wins 11-9 at Municipal Stadium, Cleveland
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 July 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?