Sunday 12 March 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wheeler Winston Dixon and Pia Giancaro.
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Space Patrol.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1950 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Wheeler Winston Dixon: American filmmaker, critic and author.
- Pia Giancaro: Italian actress and television personality.
- Javier Clemente: Spanish footballer and manager.
- Willie Duggan: Rugby football player.
- Jon Provost: American actor.
- Wheeler Dixon: American director critic and author
- L Heinrich Mann: German/US writer (Between the Races), dies at age 78.
- Pope Pius XII encyclical On combating atheistic propaganda
- Belgium votes (58 percent) for return of King Leopold III.
- The Llandow air disaster occurs near Sigingstone, Wales, in which 80 people die when their aircraft crashed, making it the world's deadliest air disaster at the time.
- A plane carrying returning rugby fans from Ireland to Wales crashes near Llandow, with the loss of 80 lives.
- March 13 ampndash In Belgium, the referendum over the monarchy shows 57.7% support the return of King Léopold III, 42.3% against.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1950 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy - Phil Harris
- Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae - Dearie
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - The Third Man Theme
- Eileen Barton - If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked a Cake
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Music! Music! Music!
- Music! Music! Music! ?? - Carmen Cavallaro & His Orchestra
- Billy Eckstine - My Foolish Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?