Saturday 1 April 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Evert H "Bep" Bakhuys and Ferdinand J.
Hamlet, directed by William G.B. Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1911 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Evert H "Bep" Bakhuys: Dutch soccer star / writer.
- Ferdinand J: Kranenburg Dutch Secretary of Defense (Socialist Democrat).
- Naboth Mokgatle: South African trade Unionist and political activist, who collaborated with other trade unionists and activists, leading to the formation of many unions in Pretoria.
- Anne-Marie Ørbeck: Norwegian pianist and composer.
- Marcel Rivault: Angers physician.
- Fauja Singh: Indian-English runner
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 April 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Enrico Caruso - Addio (Good-Bye)
- I'm So Tired of Livin', I Don't Care When I Die - Arthur Collins
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?