Saturday 1 April 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 1, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Evert H "Bep" Bakhuys and Robert Hamer.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by William Humphrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 April 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1911 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Robert Hamer: Director.
- Evert H "Bep" Bakhuys: Dutch soccer star / writer.
- Ferdinand J: Kranenburg Dutch Secretary of Defense (Socialist Democrat).
- Naboth Mokgatle: South African trade Unionist and political activist, who collaborated with other trade unionists and activists, leading to the formation of many unions in Pretoria.
- Anne-Marie Ørbeck: Norwegian pianist and composer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm So Tired of Livin', I Don't Care When I Die - Arthur Collins
- Enrico Caruso - Addio (Good-Bye)