Monday 17 April 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Earl of and Jean-Pierre Herve.
The Fatal Wedding, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1911 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Earl of: Lauderdale.
- Jean-Pierre Herve: Bazin writer.
- Mikhail Botvinnik of USSR: world chess champion (1948-63).
- Hervé Bazin: French novelist and author of great popularity whose witty and satirical novels often focused on the problems within families and marriages.
- Joseph Rush: American research scientist, a physicist and educator who published a number of papers on astronomy and physics and wrote "The Dawn of Life," 1958.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 April 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Come, Josephine, in My Flying Machine - Blanche Ring
- On Mobile Bay - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Merry Wedding Bells - Lyric Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?