Monday 17 April 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 17, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hervé Bazin and Joseph Harold Rush.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by William Humphrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1911 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Hervé Bazin: French novelist and author of great popularity whose witty and satirical novels often focused on the problems within families and marriages.
- Joseph Harold Rush
- Mikhail Botvinnik of USSR: world chess champion (1948-63).
- Joseph Rush: American research scientist, a physicist and educator who published a number of papers on astronomy and physics and wrote "The Dawn of Life," 1958.
- Earl of: Lauderdale.
- Lester Rodney: American soldier and journalist (d. 2009).
- Herve Bazin: French writer (Born 1911).
- Jean-Pierre Herve: Bazin writer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - Drink to Me Only with Thine Eyes
- Gee, But It's Great to Meet a Friend from Your Home Town - Billy Murray
- The Moonlight, the Rose, and You - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - That Girl Quartet
- Neath the Southern Moon - Merle Tillotson