Monday 17 April 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hervé Bazin and Joseph Harold Rush.
The Fatal Wedding, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while Queed Henry by Sydnor Harrison was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1911 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Hervé Bazin: French novelist and author of great popularity whose witty and satirical novels often focused on the problems within families and marriages.
- Joseph Harold Rush
- Jean-Pierre Herve: Bazin writer.
- Mikhail Botvinnik of USSR: world chess champion (1948-63).
- Joseph Rush: American research scientist, a physicist and educator who published a number of papers on astronomy and physics and wrote "The Dawn of Life," 1958.
- Herve Bazin: French writer (Born 1911).
- Lester Rodney: American soldier and journalist (d. 2009).
- Earl of: Lauderdale.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Merry Wedding Bells - Lyric Quartet
- On Mobile Bay - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Come, Josephine, in My Flying Machine - Blanche Ring
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?