Saturday 8 April 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 8, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emil Cioran and Douglas Hyde.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by William Humphrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 April 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1911 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Emil Cioran: Romanian-French philosopher and academic (d. 1995).
- Douglas Hyde: Socialist / Christian.
- Emil Mihai Cioran: Writer / aphorist.
- Melvin Calvin: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1997).
- Dutch physicist Heike Kamerlingh Onnes discovers superconductivity.
- Heike Kamerlingh Onnes discovers Superconductivityvan Delft, D., and Kes, P. The discovery of superconductivity. Physics Today (September 2010), 38–43.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Love the Name of Mary - Will Oakland
- Grizzly Bear - Arthur Collins
- Cheer Up, My Honey - Ada Jones & Billy Murray