Saturday 8 April 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emil Cioran and Douglas Hyde.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by William Humphrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 April 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1911 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Emil Cioran: Romanian-French philosopher and academic (d. 1995).
- Douglas Hyde: Socialist / Christian.
- Emil Mihai Cioran: Writer / aphorist.
- Melvin Calvin: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1997).
- Dutch physicist Heike Kamerlingh Onnes discovers superconductivity.
- Heike Kamerlingh Onnes discovers Superconductivityvan Delft, D., and Kes, P. The discovery of superconductivity. Physics Today (September 2010), 38–43.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Love the Name of Mary - Will Oakland
- Grizzly Bear - Arthur Collins
- Cheer Up, My Honey - Ada Jones & Billy Murray