Monday 24 April 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack E Leonard and Robert Joseph Kane.
The Fatal Wedding, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Prodigal Judge by Vaughan Kester was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1911 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Jack E Leonard: Chicago, Illinois -- Comedian (Disorderly Orderly).
- Robert Joseph Kane: Ithaca, New York -- President of US Olympic Committee (1976).
- Sigursveinn David: Kristinsson composer.
- Karl O: Schiller German economist (Minister of Economics).
- Hanns Lohmann: German military, an Obersturmbannführer (Lieutenant Colonel) in the Waffen SS during World War II, who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oakleaves.
- Guy Riobé: French Catholic clergyman, the bishop of Orléans, France, from 1963 to 1978.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Moonlight, the Rose, and You - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Neath the Southern Moon - Merle Tillotson
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - That Girl Quartet
- Gee, But It's Great to Meet a Friend from Your Home Town - Billy Murray
- John McCormack - Drink to Me Only with Thine Eyes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?