Monday 24 April 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 24, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Joseph Kane and Jack E Leonard.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by William Humphrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 April 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1911 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Jack E Leonard: Chicago, Illinois -- Comedian (Disorderly Orderly).
- Robert Joseph Kane: Ithaca, New York -- President of US Olympic Committee (1976).
- Sigursveinn David: Kristinsson composer.
- Karl O: Schiller German economist (Minister of Economics).
- Hanns Lohmann: German military, an Obersturmbannführer (Lieutenant Colonel) in the Waffen SS during World War II, who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oakleaves.
- Guy Riobé: French Catholic clergyman, the bishop of Orléans, France, from 1963 to 1978.