Tuesday 1 April 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sheldon Lee and Gideon Gadot.
The Devil and Miss Jones, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1941!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1941 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Sheldon Lee: American minor actor and producer who has spent his vocational life in the film industry.
- Gideon Gadot: Israeli journalist and politician (d. 2012).
- Guy Trottier: Canadian-American ice hockey player and coach (d. 2014).
- Ajit Wadekar: Indian cricketer coach and manager.
- Hippolyte Delehaye: Flemish historian, dies at age 81.
- Navy takes over Treasure Island (SF Bay)
- Pro-German Rashid Ali al-Ghailani grabs power in Iraq.
- US Navy takes over Treasure Island (San Francisco Bay).
- The Blockade Runner Badge for the German navy is instituted.
- A military coup in Iraq overthrows the regime of 'Abd al-Ilah and installs Rashid Ali as Prime Minister.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?