Thursday 27 April 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Dargaud and Colin Gordon.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by William Humphrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 April 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1911 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Georges Dargaud: French publisher (Asterix, Kuifje), dies at 78.
- Colin Gordon: Ceylon; actor (John-The Baron).
- Bruno Beger: German anthropologist and ethnologist (d. 2009).
- Chris Berger: Dutch sprinter and footballer (d. 1965).
- Following the resignation and death of William P. Frye, a compromise is reached to rotate the office of President pro tempore of the United States Senate.