Thursday 27 April 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Dargaud and Colin Gordon.
The Fatal Wedding, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Iron Woman by Margaret Deland was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1911 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Georges Dargaud: French publisher (Asterix, Kuifje), dies at 78.
- Colin Gordon: Ceylon; actor (John-The Baron).
- Bruno Beger: German anthropologist and ethnologist (d. 2009).
- Chris Berger: Dutch sprinter and footballer (d. 1965).
- Following the resignation and death of William P. Frye, a compromise is reached to rotate the office of President pro tempore of the United States Senate.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - Drink to Me Only with Thine Eyes
- Gee, But It's Great to Meet a Friend from Your Home Town - Billy Murray
- The Moonlight, the Rose, and You - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Neath the Southern Moon - Merle Tillotson
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - That Girl Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?