Wednesday 5 April 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 5, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gordon Jones and Goddard Lieberson Hanley Staffordshire England.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by William Humphrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 April 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1911 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Gordon Jones: Alden, Iowa -- Actor (Mike the Cop - Abbott and Costello).
- Goddard Lieberson Hanley Staffordshire England: recording executive.
- Cratis Williams: American writer, the foremost scholar of and spokesperson for Appalachian life and literature and a pioneer of the Appalachian studies movement.
- Waldorf W Aster acquires the Daily Observer.
- MCC tour match versus Jamaica finishes in a tie.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Love the Name of Mary - Will Oakland
- Grizzly Bear - Arthur Collins
- Cheer Up, My Honey - Ada Jones & Billy Murray