Wednesday 19 April 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francesco Maria and Georges Fabry.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by William Humphrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1911 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
Famous Birthdays:19 April
- 15th Boston Marathon won by Clarence DeMar of Massachusetts in 2:21:39.6.
- Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero's troops besiege Ciudad Juárez but General Juan J. Navarro refuses his surrender demand.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - Drink to Me Only with Thine Eyes
- Gee, But It's Great to Meet a Friend from Your Home Town - Billy Murray
- The Moonlight, the Rose, and You - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - That Girl Quartet
- Neath the Southern Moon - Merle Tillotson