Wednesday 18 August 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Miliza Korjus and Gerard Filion.
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while Katrine Elinor by Macartney Lane was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1909 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Miliza Korjus: Warsaw, Poland -- Actress (Great Waltz).
- Gerard Filion: French Canadian businessman and journalist (d. 2005).
- John Koch: American painter, and an important figure in 20th century realist painting.
- Gérard Filion: Canadian businessman and journalist (d. 2005).
- Mayor of Tokyo Yukio Ozaki presents Washington, D.C. with 2,000 cherry trees, which President Taft decides to plant near the Potomac River.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Cousin Caruso - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?