Wednesday 18 August 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Miliza Korjus and Gerard Filion.
The Seventh Day, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 August 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1909 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Miliza Korjus: Warsaw, Poland -- Actress (Great Waltz).
- Gerard Filion: French Canadian businessman and journalist (d. 2005).
- John Koch: American painter, and an important figure in 20th century realist painting.
- Gérard Filion: Canadian businessman and journalist (d. 2005).
- Mayor of Tokyo Yukio Ozaki presents Washington, D.C. with 2,000 cherry trees, which President Taft decides to plant near the Potomac River.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Pony Boy - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- I Love My Wife, But Oh You Kid! - Bob Roberts
- I Love, I Love, I Love My Wife, but Oh You Kid! - Arthur Collins