Monday 2 August 1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Exbrayat-Durivaux .
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1909 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Robert Exbrayat-Durivaux: St-Etienne EXecutives.
- 1st Lincoln head pennies minted
- The US Mint releases the Lincoln cent to circulation.
- Army Air Corps formed as Army takes first delivery from Wright Brothers.
- The United States Army Signal Corp Division purchases the world's first military airplane, a Wright Military Flyer, from the Wright Brothers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Isn't Love a Grand Old Thing? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- The Yama Yama Man - Ada Jones & Victor Light Opera Co.
- Nobody Knows, Nobody Cares - Will Oakland
- Uncle Josh's Trip to Coney Island - Cal Stewart & Len Spencer
- Nobody Knows, Nobody Cares - Harvey Hindermyer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?