Tuesday 10 August 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 10, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thyrza Escobar-Jones and Claude Thornhill.
Far from the Madding Crowd, directed by Thomas Vinterberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1909 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Thyrza Escobar-Jones: American astrologer and author of "Essentials of Natal Interpretation," "Side-Lights of Astrology" and "144 Doors of the Zodiac.
- Claude Thornhill: Composer.
- Frank Bowden: Industrialist / landowner.
- George W Crockett Jr: (Rep-D-Michigan, 1980- ).
- Brian Easdale: Composer.
- Mohammed V ibn Yusuf: King of Morocco (1953, 1955-61).
- Emile Cantarel: Flers de l'Orne Military man.
- Leo Fender: American businessman founded Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (d. 1991).
- Julio A Abraham: President (Democratic Party Bonaire).
- Algemeene Netherlands Toonkunstenars Ver (ANTV) begins