Tuesday 10 August 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Easdale and Claude Thornhill.
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1909 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Brian Easdale: Composer.
- Claude Thornhill: Composer.
- Frank Bowden: Industrialist / landowner.
- George W Crockett Jr: (Rep-D-Michigan, 1980- ).
- Julio A Abraham: President (Democratic Party Bonaire).
- Mohammed V ibn Yusuf: King of Morocco (1953, 1955-61)
- Thyrza Escobar-Jones: American astrologer and author of "Essentials of Natal Interpretation," "Side-Lights of Astrology" and "144 Doors of the Zodiac." She was aware of astrology from age ten when a neighbor gave her an almanac from which she taught herself to erect a chart within two years. In 1933 she began studies at the First Temple of Astrology in Los Angeles where she taught and served as a Trustee 1947-1987. She spoke at many AFA conventions and was a well-known figure in her field.
- Emile Cantarel: Flers de l'Orne Military man
- Leo Fender: American businessman founded Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (d. 1991)
- Algemeene Netherlands Toonkunstenars Ver (ANTV) begins
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?