Tuesday 10 August 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thyrza Escobar-Jones and Claude Thornhill.
The Way of the Cross, directed by J. Stuart Blackton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1909 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Thyrza Escobar-Jones: American astrologer and author of "Essentials of Natal Interpretation," "Side-Lights of Astrology" and "144 Doors of the Zodiac.
- Claude Thornhill: Composer.
- Frank Bowden: Industrialist / landowner.
- George W Crockett Jr: (Rep-D-Michigan, 1980- ).
- Brian Easdale: Composer.
- Mohammed V ibn Yusuf: King of Morocco (1953, 1955-61).
- Emile Cantarel: Flers de l'Orne Military man.
- Leo Fender: American businessman founded Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (d. 1991).
- Julio A Abraham: President (Democratic Party Bonaire).
- Algemeene Netherlands Toonkunstenars Ver (ANTV) begins