Friday 27 August 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 27, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lester Young and Sylvère Maes.
Les Miserables (Part I), directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 August 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1909 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Lester Young: American saxophonist and clarinet player (d. 1959).
- Sylvère Maes: Belgian road cyclist racer, he won twice the Tour de France, in 1936 and 39, and once Paris-Roubaix race.
- Sylveer Maes: Belgian bicylist.
- Sylvere Maes: Belgian cyclist (d. 1966).
- André Deluol: French sculptor who died in Saint-Michel-en-l'Herm on 26 April 2003.
- Lester W "Pres" Young: US jazz saxophonist.
- Charles Pozzi: French racing driver who participated in one World Championship Formula One race in 1950, the year of its inception.
- Silveer Maes: Belgium sport Champion.
- Manuel Mora Valverde: Costa Rican popular politician, lawyer and congressman, huge trajectory in the history of Costa Rica.
- Sidney R Yates: (Rep-D-Illinois, 1949-62, 65- ).
- Emil Christian Hansen: Danish fermentation physiologist (Born 1842).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Take Me Up with You, Dearie - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- Uncle Josh at a Baseball Game - Cal Stewart