Thursday 26 August 1909US date format: 8/26/1909, UK date format: 26/8/1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 26, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Davis (actor) and Marguerite Maeght.
Far from the Madding Crowd, directed by Thomas Vinterberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 August 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1909 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Jim Davis (actor)
- Marguerite Maeght
- Ugo D'Alessio: Italian film actor, who died on 16 February 1979 in Naples.
- Pierre Oudet: Mohon physician.
- Ruby Keeler: Actress.
- Jim Davis: American actor (d. 1981).
- Gene Moore: American baseball player (Born 1909).
- Eric Davies: South African cricketer and educator (d. 1976).
- Frank Gasparro in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; US Mint Chief Engraver (1965-81).
- Middlesex beat Gloucs (Bristol) by Inn and 31 in a single day
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Take Me Up with You, Dearie - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- Uncle Josh at a Baseball Game - Cal Stewart