Wednesday 4 August 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roberto Burle Marx and Saunders Mac Lane.
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1909 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Roberto Burle Marx: Landscape gardener.
- Saunders Mac Lane: American mathematician (d. 2005).
- Franco Gentilini: Italian artist, painter, graphic designer.
- Glenn Cunningham: American middle-distance runner (d. 1988).
- Saunders Lane: American mathematician and academic (d. 2005).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Isn't Love a Grand Old Thing? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- The Yama Yama Man - Ada Jones & Victor Light Opera Co.
- Nobody Knows, Nobody Cares - Will Oakland
- Uncle Josh's Trip to Coney Island - Cal Stewart & Len Spencer
- Nobody Knows, Nobody Cares - Harvey Hindermyer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?