Wednesday 4 August 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Saunders Mac Lane and Roberto Burle Marx.
Princess Nicotine; or, The Smoke Fairy, directed by J. Stuart Blackton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1909 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Roberto Burle Marx: Landscape gardener.
- Saunders Mac Lane: American mathematician (d. 2005).
- Franco Gentilini: Italian artist, painter, graphic designer.
- Glenn Cunningham: American middle-distance runner (d. 1988).
- Saunders Lane: American mathematician and academic (d. 2005).