Saturday 1 December 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Morris and Stansfield Turner.
The Ten Commandments, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1923 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Morris : Belgian cartoonist, known for the comic western that he created in 1946, "Lucky Luke," the adventures of a poor lonesome cowboy with his talking horse, Jolly Jumper.
- Stansfield Turner: American Navy Admiral and tenth director of the Central Intelligence Agency from 1977-1981.
- William House: American otologist and physician (d. 2012).
- Dick Shawn: American actor/comedian (Producers), dies on stage from a heart attack at age 63 (born 1924).
- Virginie Loveling: Belgian writer and poet (Born 1836).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Midnight Rose - Charles Hart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?