Saturday 8 December 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maria Parego and Dewey Martin (acteur).
Coeur Fidèle, directed by Jean Epstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1923 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Maria Parego
- Dewey Martin (acteur)
- Marc Cuneo: France sport Champion.
- Maria Perego: Italian puppeteer who does much of her work on TV with a series of characters.
- Rudolph Pariser: Chinese-American soldier and chemist.
- Dom Joseph Pothier: French Benedictine/musicologist, dies at age 88.
- Labour / Liberals win British parliament
- German-US friendship treaty signed.
- Salary and price freeze in Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Old Gang of Mine - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- The Little Old Log Cabin in the Lane - Fiddlin' John Carson
- I Wish I Had Someone to Cry Over Me - Lewis James
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?