Monday 31 December 1923, NewYear’s Eve
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 31, 1923). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Audley Brindley and Hal Crisler.
Dance or Die, directed by Ronald W. Munchkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 December 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1923 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Audley Brindley: American athlete, played pro basketball for one season in 1946-47.
- Hal Crisler: American athlete, he played pro basketball for Boston in the 1946-47 season.
- Giannis Dalianidis: Greek actor director and screenwriter (d. 2010).
- 1st transatlantic radio broadcast of a voice, Pittsburgh-Manchester
- BBC begins using Big Ben chime ID
- The chimes of Big Ben are broadcast on radio for the first time by the BBC.
- First transatlantic radio broadcast of a voice, Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania) to Manchester (England).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- In a Covered Wagon with You - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Charleston - Arthur Gibbs & His Gang
- John McCormack - Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses