Monday 1 January 1923, NewYear’s Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Valentina Cortese and Marguerite Dar Boggia.
Robin Hood, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1923 ?
- Valentina Cortese: Italian actress who starred in over 40 U.S.
- Marguerite Dar Boggia: American astrologer and mainstay for ISAR for many years, the winner of the ISAR Service Award on 7/17/1989.
- Piet Wilde-Meersch: Belgium sport Champion.
- Chalmers Goodlin: US test pilot (XS-1).
- Milt Jackson: American vibraphonist and composer (Modern Jazz Quartet) (d. 1999).
- Daniel Gorenstein: American mathematician and academic (d. 1992).
- Milton Jackson: United States -- Vibraphonist (Milt of Bags).
- Union of Socialist Soviet Republics established.
- Britain's Railways are grouped into the Big Four: LNER, GWR, SR, and LMS.
- The Grouping: All major British railway companies are grouped into four larger companies, under terms of the Railways Act 1921.
- January 7 ampndash Rosewood massacre, a violent, racially motivated conflict in Florida. At least eight people are killed, and the town of Rosewood is abandoned and destroyed.