Wednesday 12 December 1923
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Barker in Darrington and Bob Dorough.
The Ten Commandments, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1923 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Bob Barker in Darrington: Washington, USA; game show emcee (The Price is Right).
- Bob Dorough: American jazz pianist/vocalist.
- Bob Barker: American game show host and TV personality, Barker hosted "The Price is Right" for over three decades; it is the longest-running game show in American TV history.
- Ken Kavanagh: Australian race car driver and motorcycle racer.
- Raymond Radiguet: French writer.
- In Italy, the Po River dam bursts, killing 600.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 December 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Old Gang of Mine - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- The Little Old Log Cabin in the Lane - Fiddlin' John Carson
- I Wish I Had Someone to Cry Over Me - Lewis James
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?