Sunday 23 December 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Henry Lowry Lamb and Leonard Stern in New York City.
Black Oxen, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1923 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Kenneth Henry Lowry Lamb: Broadcaster.
- Leonard Stern in New York City: New York, USA; producer/TV writer (Phil Silvers Show, Get Smart).
- Milt Okun: Brooklyn, New York -- Orchestra leader (Starland Vocal Band Show).
- Ruth Roman in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Sylvia - Knots Landing, Dallas).
- Claudio Scimone: Italian conductor.
- Lucas M: Mangope; first President of Bophuthatswana (1977-94).
- Milt Okun in Brooklyn: New York, USA; orchestra leader (Starland Vocal Band Show).
- Bob Barker in Darrington: Washington, USA; TV host (The Price is Right).
- Onofre Marimon: Argentine racing driver (d. 1954)
- Gunther Schifter: Austrian music journalist (d. 2008)
- Buzz Miller: American dancer whose specialty was contemporary ballet and modern dance.
- Jean-No?l Maillard: Tourcoing physician
- Onofre Marimón: Argentinian race car driver (d. 1954)
- Günther Schifter: Austrian journalist and radio host (d. 2008)
- James Stockdale: American admiral and pilot Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2005)
- Yankees pitcher Carl Mays sold to Reds for $85,000
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Sweetie Went Away - Billy Murray & Ed Smalle
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?