Monday 24 December 1923, Christmas Eve
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 24, 1923). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Patton IV and James Stockdale.
Home Again, directed by Hallie Meyers-Shyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 December 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1923 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- James Stockdale: Soldier.
- George Patton IV: American general (d. 2004).
- Wilton S: Mkwayi in South Africa; African National Congress leader.
- Gabriel Blancher: French physician.
- David Kelly: Scottish music teacher and principal bass player for the Royal Opera House, Convent Garden from 1954.