Tuesday 18 December 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lotti [Charlotte] van der Gaag and Sossen Krohg.
The Ten Commandments, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Black Oxen by Gertrude Atherton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1923 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Lotti [Charlotte] van der Gaag: Dutch sculptor / painter.
- Sossen Krohg: Norwegian playwright and actress of stage and film.
- Edwin Bramall: Baron Bramall English field marshal and politician Lord Lieutenant of Greater London.
- International zone of Tangier set up in Morocco.
- US Senate confirms Robert J. Grant as Mint director.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Sweetie Went Away - Dolly Kay
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?