Friday 21 December 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Intizar Hussain and Richard Hugo.
The Ten Commandments, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1923 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Intizar Hussain: Urdu writer and columnist.
- Richard Hugo: American poet, author, educator.
- Shirley Siska: American telephone company employee, noted family, Blanche Siska; worked for years as a telephone operator, not married, no children.
- William Wasson: American priest who worked in Mexico.
- Nepal changes from British protectorate to independent nation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Sweetie Went Away - Dolly Kay
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?