Saturday 1 December 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 1, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bette Midler and Gennady Khazanov.
The Bells of St. Mary's, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 December 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1945!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1945 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Bette Midler: American singer, actress, comedienne and recording artist who went from being known as the "last of the truly tacky women" to 22 films and two best-actress nominations, for her work in "The Rose," 1979, and "For the Boys," 1991.
- Gennady Khazanov
- Bette Midler in Aiea: Hawaii; singer ("Wind Beneath My Wings", "Do You Want to Dance?"), actress (Beaches, First Wives Club).
- Harvey Bartlett Gaul: Composer, dies at 64.
- CFL Grey Cup: Toronto beats Winnipeg, 35-0 at Toronto