Sunday 1 December 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dominique Poitout and Jacques Botherel.
Till the Clouds Roll By, directed by Richard Whorf, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pinwright's Progress.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1946 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Dominique Poitout: French orthopedic surgeon and educator, whose achievements include research into pelvic hip and knee arthroplaty, traumatology, allografts of bone, cartilage and ligaments and orthopedic oncology.
- Jacques Botherel: .
- Jonathan Katz: American comedian and actor.
- Kemal Kurspahić: Bosnian journalist and author.
- Gilbert O'Sullivan: Irish singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Australia compiles 645 versus India at the Gabba (Donald Bradman 187).
- Miguel Alemán Valdés takes office as President of Mexico.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?