Sunday 1 December 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 1, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gilbert O'Sullivan and Marina Abramovic.
Green for Danger, directed by Sidney Gilliat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 December 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1946 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Gilbert O'Sullivan: Irish singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Marina Abramovic: Artist.
- Ian McKeever: Artist.
- Dominique Poitout: French orthopedic surgeon and educator, whose achievements include research into pelvic hip and knee arthroplaty, traumatology, allografts of bone, cartilage and ligaments and orthopedic oncology.
- Marina Abromovic: Artist.
- Jonathan Katz: American comedian and actor.
- Kemal Kurspahić: Bosnian journalist and author.
- Jacques Botherel
- Australia compiles 645 versus India at the Gabba (Donald Bradman 187).
- Miguel Alemán Valdés takes office as President of Mexico.