Thursday 6 December 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Naughton in Middletown and Larry Bowa.
House of Dracula, directed by Erle C. Kenton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1945!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1945 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- James Naughton in Middletown: Connecticut, USA; actor (Trauma Center, Making the Grade, Stranger is Watching).
- Larry Bowa: American baseball player and manager.
- Dan Harrington: American lawyer and poker player.
- Shekhar Kapur: Indian director producer and screenwriter.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 December 1945
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?