Wednesday 1 February 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Renata Tebaldi and Bogumil Witalis.
Moran of the Lady Letty, directed by George Melford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while The Head of the House of Coombe by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1922!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1922 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Renata Tebaldi: Italian operatic singer, called one of the greatest Italian lyrico spinto sopranos since World War II, who made her debut in "Rovigo" in 1944.
- Bogumil Witalis: Andrzejewski professor of Cushtic Languages.
- William Desmond Taylor: American silent film actor and director; his murder remains unsolved.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?