Friday 19 January 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Stapleton in New York City and Zeffiro Furiassi.
The Pilgrim, directed by Edna Purviance, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while His Children's Children by Arthur Train was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1923 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Jean Stapleton in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Damn Yankees, Klute, Edith Bunker - All in the Family).
- Zeffiro Furiassi: Italian soccer player.
- Markus Wolf: Head of the General Intelligence Administration (Hauptverwaltung Aufklärung), the foreign intelligence division of East Germany's Ministry for State Security (MfS, commonly known as the Stasi).
- Charlea Jeangeorge: La Bresse physician.
- Jean Stapleton: TV Actress.
- WMC-AM in Memphis TN begins radio transmissions
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Nellie Kelly I Love You - American Quartet
- Carolina in the Morning - Van & Schenck
- Homesick - Nora Bayes
- Suez - Clyde Doerr & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?